Ham and Beans
I usually use the HamBeens® Pinto, Navy or 15 Bean packages, but any 16-10 oz of beans will do. If using 15 Beans package, increase liquids to 7 1/2 cups.
1 package (20 ounces) HamBeens®
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 stalks celery, diced
1 sweet onion, diced
6 cups chicken stock. (or 1 quart stock, the rest water)
2 cups cooked diced ham (or fully cooked sausage, especially Polish!)
3 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon dried basil
Brown gravy mix
Turn pressure cooker to "saute" and add the oil to the pot. Once hot, add the celery, and onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
Add garlic minced garlic cloves
Rinse and sort through the beans. Add to the pressure cooker along with the chicken stock.
Add dried basil.
Set the seasoning packet aside for later.
Turn the pressure cooker off. Put on the lid and set the vent too "sealing." Set the pressure cooker to "high pressure" for 40 minutes.
(or, use the beans/chili setting. You may have to run it again for on manual for 20 minutes more)
Once the soup has reached pressure and cooked for 40 minutes, allow the pressure to release naturally - about 20 minutes.
Remove the lid and check to see if beans are soft, not hard. If they are, add the below and manually cook for 20 minutes on sealing.
Stir in the seasoning packet, ham, black pepper, salt, and brown gravy mix is thicker consistency is desired. Taste and add salt if needed.
Stir well and let set for 5 minutes to allow the ham or sausage to heat through.
Beef and Broccoli
1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast, well trimmed and sliced into thin strips
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup beef broth
1/2 cup soy sauce*
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger
3-6 spring onions, 1 inch pieces
1 lb. broccoli florets
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
Toasted sesame seeds for garnish, optional
1. Season beef with salt and pepper. Put olive oil in the cooking pot and select browning. When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all meat is browned - do not crowd. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.
2. When all meat is browned select Sauté and add chopped onion to the pot. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until onion starts to soften. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute more.
3. Add beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger and red pepper flakes to the pot. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
4. Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select High Pressure. Set timer for 12 minutes. (About 5 minutes to reach pressure.)
5. Place broccoli in microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup water. Microwave 3 – 4 minutes until broccoli is tender.
6. When beep sounds turn pressure cooker off and use quick pressure release. When valve drops carefully remove the lid.
7. In a cup combine cornstarch and water; stir until smooth. Add to pressure cooker pot. Stir well to combine. Select browning and stir until sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Add spring onions, Add steam broccoli.
8. Serve over hot, cooked rice and garnish with sesame seeds.