- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup cheese grated
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk - whole
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pimentón smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to taste
- 5 sprigs thyme - stems removed and minced
- 1 1/2 lb ground round
I mix the dry ingredients first, the wet, saving the meat for last, so as not to overwork it and ruin the texture.
Bake at 350 for about an hour. Let rest, then slice and serve.