A day or two before making the dressing cook a large pan of cornbread. (white meal preferred) but yellow is OK.
Chop 1 onion and 4 stalks of celery
Cook them in 1 cup water until tender
Mix the pan of day old corn bread with 3 or 4 day old biscuits
or white bread torn into bits. (1/2 Pkg. of sage stuffing mix may be
used as an option to the biscuits.)
Add: Onion and celery mixture to corn bread.
Stir in three beaten eggs, and 2 tsp each Sage, Salt, and Pepper into mixture.
Add at least two cans of Chicken Broth. Make sure the mixture is SOUPY.
Pour into baking pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes to one hour. Don't overbake
or it will be dry.
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Chopped dark meat from turkey
- Cook until mixture comes to a boil
- Mix 1/2 Cup water and 2 T. four
- Stir until four dissolves and add to broth.
- Stir until thick ( can add salt to taste)
- Add 1 chopped hard boiled egg